Every Title, Segment, and Playlist has its own direct URL. If a student is trying to access a video or playlist from off-campus, the link will automatically direct them to authenticate with their Star ID and password or their Library barcode and password. After they do so, they are directed straight to the video.
Look for the correct, authenticated URL in several places.
For Titles and Segments: the authenticated URL is directly below the video information, under the video viewing area.
For Playlists: Go to the Playlists tab on the top gray bar. The Playlist URL is directly under the title of the playlist.
Within Films on Demand, find the video you wish to embed in D2L.
Click on the </> Embed button below the video viewing area and copy the LTI Link.
To paste / embed into the D2L course:
1. Open the course you wish to embed the video in. Navigate to the Content area of the course.
2. Select an existing module to add the video to or create a new module.
3. Within the desired module, click on Add Existing Activities > External Learning Tools.
4. Click the Create New LTI Link button (located below any existing External Learing Tools).
5. Enter in a Title for the video and the LTI URL of the video (copied from Films on Demand).
6. Click Create and Insert.
7. Click on the newly create content topic to view.
If you run into issues with embedding videos in D2L, please contact Christie Burke at email@example.com or 763-488-2533.