Article Search Tips
Use any of the following commands to improve your search results:
AND: all results must include both words. (Ex: government AND privacy)
- Use AND between unique keywords (Basic Search)
- Use AND between separate search boxes (Advanced Search).
OR: results may contain either word. Type OR between synonyms. (Ex: job OR career)
- Use OR when entering synonyms in the same search box.
- DO NOT change drop-down between boxes to OR.
Quotation Marks (" "): all enclosed words will be searched as an exact phrase. (Ex: "immigration reform")
Asterisk (*): Add to the end of a partial word. Looks for all endings of the word. (Ex: employ* = employee, employed employment, employer)
Limit Your Search Results
- Checkmark the Full Text checkbox to only find full articles (not just summaries).
- Use the Publication Date limit to only find articles within a specific time frame (Ex: the last 5 years).
For more search tips or for help with your research, Ask the Library.
Core Floral Design Databases at HTC
Searching individual article databases tailored to your specific program area will retrieve fewer and more focused results on your research topic (as opposed to finding articles through OneSearch).
The following databases contain articles, reports, and other information specific to floral design.
Additional Floral Design Databases
The following databases contain some floral design literature, but are not as focused on floral design literature as the core databases listed above.